The Carnegie-Ellsworth Public Library (1904-2005), is one of 22 public libraries in Iowa constructed with Carnegie grants made in 1903, the year which marks the highest point in Carnegie giving, both national and in the state. Eugene Ellsworth made an additional cash donation. Andrew Carnegie's library program, which funded over 1600 buildings, has been accorded recognition by historians of the Progressive Era, and of the public library movement. Between 1889 and 1919, 101 Carnegie libraries were built in Iowa including the Alden Public Library and Eldora Public Library. The Carnegie Ellsworth Library is one of the more elaborate library buildings of its size and type. The facade is dominated by a large and lavish entrance pavilion featuring a distinctive portico with Ionic style columns set in-antis between rusticated corner piers and semi-circular window above the cornice. The effect of richness is enhanced by the variety of materials, textures, and colors. The interior features an octagonal rotunda with a double-curved delivery desk and a stained-glass dome. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The community had outgrown the current structure and a new one was build in 2000. It now houses the Iowa Falls Chamber Main Street Organization, Iowa Falls Area Development Corporation, Iowa Falls Historical Society, and the Pat Clark Art Collection.